Wendsday. March 11. 2020 Capital Visitor Center 268 North / 11am - 1pm
This is an archive of a panel held in the Capital Building
Heroes of Liberty: Enhancing Well-Being, Resilience, and Civic Engagement of Ukrainian Veterans
Hosted by Congresswoman Marcy Kapturs Office,
Sponsored by: Embassy of Ukraine; Ukrainian Congress Committee of America; United Ukrainian American Relief Committee; The Ukrainian American Community Foundation at the Ukrainian Federal Credit Union of Rochester, NY; OliaFilm; The Pylyshenko Family Foundation
With the following panelists-presenters:
- Michael Sawkiw, Ukrainian Congress Committee of America
- Oleksandr Tereshchenko, Deputy Minister of the Ministry for Veterans, Occupied Territories, IDPs
- Yana Zinkevych, veteran, Member of Parliament of Ukraine (Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine)
- Katja Kolcio, Ph.D. Associate Professor/Researcher, Wesleyan University and Development Foundation
- Marta Pyvovarenko, mental health research expert and Co-founder of NGO Development Foundation
- Vitaliy Harechko, Advocacy Officer and co-founder of NGO Development Foundation
- Bishop Sus, Ukraine, Greek Catholic Church
- Reverent Father Sviatoslav Yurkiv, Orthodox Church of Ukraine.
- Christi Anne Hofland, IREX Senior Program Officer.
This is an archival record. The panelists represent their own perspectives, and are not members of NGO Development Foundation.